Re: [guadec-list] Current Papers and Schedule

On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 15:56 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Could you give us a quick update on the progress of the papers selection
> for Guadec, and a brief idea of what you expect the schedule to look
> like? People are asking which days are going to be the "core" days so
> they can start planning what days to visit.

I'm keeping the overall schedule fairly similar to last year, because I
thought it went well.

Saturday and Sunday are Warm Up, with the informal and more focused
talks.

Monday to Wednesday are Core, with the keynotes (obviously), and the
great talks.  We had over 100 talk submissions this year, so it's tough
to get here.

Thursday and Friday are After Hours.  Thursday also doubles as Tutorial
Day, where the sit-down-and-learn stuff talks are scheduled.  The rest
of the After Hours is for informal BoF sessions and hackfests.

I've not yet started scheduling the tasks to a particular time slot yet
(that's tomorrows job) so if anyone has any suggestions for a change of
overall direction then speak now or forever hold your peace. :)

Ross
--
OpenedHand Ltd.

51 Great Brownings / London / SE21 7HP / UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/