Re: Re : [guadec-list] Printed content

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 22:53 +0330, Sara Khalatbari wrote:

> I'm still ready to put as much time as needed on A - 'ToC and
> materials retrieval'

Ok, A is yours then. Go ahead.

> & I can as well help in  B - 'English writing and editing'.

Right, but we still need the main responsible.

> Just note that we really in short of time & there are many things that
> need to be discussed:

(The only advantage of being really short of time is that it's a good
reason not to discuss to much)  :)

> The thing that will take too much time is the bio/photos:

Bio: people can check the profile in the website. Picture printed with a
nickname and a real name is useful, since it helps putting faces
(literally) to all the work done in the GNOME community.

Said that...

> a)
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-April/msg00071.html. If Ludovic or the one who's going to work on graphic design and composition can not work on the current photo & bios we have to ask everyone again & wait for them to send them to us again.

... find a male and a female avatar like
http://planet.gnome.org/heads/nobody.png and put it by default in all
the sessions. Those delivering a usable picture on time will get their
picture. The rest will get an avatar. No need to chase people more than
once. People should be able to deliver a good quality picture in 48h
(this includes myself, who hasn't sent you the picture...) If not:
avatar.

> b) Are we going to write about after hours work shops' speakers at
> guadec journal too?

Each session can have

- Hour & room
- Title
- Very brief summary
- Speaker picture, name and guadec.org nickname, also project or company
he is involved with (optional, if he/she specifies).

No matter if Core, WUW or AFW, a scheduled session is a scheduled
session IMO. But no need to chase GUADEC-ES and GUADEC-CAT people. If
they deliver, great. If they don't, we print the URL for more
information and that's it.

> Then about the Interviews:
> Glynn & Luis have already sent some questions to Simon. Shall we use
> the same questions for Kathy & Jim?
> They will also need some time to answer us.

Keynotes get more coverage, but maybe no need for a whole printed
interview (?) unless it's like a Q&A. We have a whole website to publish
nice interviews, with more flexibility in terms of space and deadline.