Re: [guadec-list] Acceptance mails sent

Hi all,

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 12:30:19AM +0200, David Neary wrote:
> I will send out the rejections in a minute, as well as notifications for
> lightning talks. I am wondering, do you think we need to send something
> at this stage to people who have been put before or after in the
> provisional schedule?

After receiving rejections for two BoFs, I have two questions:

a) Wouldn't be a good idea to send together with the rejections an
explanation of why the talk/bof/whatever got rejected? It is a bit
frustrating to receive just the notification without knowing why it was not
interesting for the selection committee. Knowing the reason would also help
in order to propose better talks for future Gnome conferences.

b) What do us (authors of rejected talks/bofs) need to do in order to get
them scheduled in the AfterHours or WarmUp of the Guadec? Is that going to
be organized by the guadec committee or self-organized by the community?
I was not able to find any information about this in the web page.

Thanks a lot in advance,

juanjo