Re: [guadec-list] Online registration - alpha

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 11:15 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Alberto,
>
> What information do you need for Paypal?

The email you just sent me, which I will forward to Alberto.  :)

> For bank account information, typically paying by cheque in the US, or
> doing a direct debit for a sponsor, is feasible. But transferring €30 to
> a US bank account is a waste of time - the bank charges will cost more
> than the amount of money that arrives.

The account offered by default is the GNOME Hispano's based in Spain.
The US account is also offered as a secondary option since some
participants come from the US or from countries (financially) nearby.

We could also accept checkes payable to the GNOME Foundation and sent by
post if anybody from the bopard is going to receive and process in the
US. As you wish.

The idea of giving alternatives to PayPal is to give alternatives to
PayPal ;) for those complaining about PayPal. Spanish residents with
eBanking can do the money transfer with almost no commission in a couple
of clicks.