Re: [guadec-list] Registration fees

I have been working with this info:

http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/Registration

Here you have stage 1 with this info:
http://www.tristania.org/guadec/index.php

2006/3/16, Alberto Mesas <albsuscrip gmail com>:
Excellent! Now I can go forward on the registrarion form.

The form is divided in four stages:
Stage 1:

- There's the code that reads the fields config, and auto-generates the form. It validates all the info entered by the user.
- You must be registered at GUADEC.org, its used to check that you apply only once.
- If all info is ok, go to:

Stage 2:
- With the previous info I calc the registration prize, and ask the user to select payment method.
- Paypal (B)  / bank transfer (A)

Stage 3A ( bank transfer ):
- I show again the user the prize but now with the bank info ( account number, etc...)
- I give the user a "unique code" that he must use in the bank transfer, that helps to identify where the money comes.
- I ask the user to send a email confirming that s/he has already ordered the money transfer. ( This could be a form )
- The user is in the db but marked as waiting for bank transfer.

Stage 3B ( Paypal):
- I'm using IPN, so we get "realtime" payment confirmation.
- External, I redirect the user to paypal, paypal already knows the prize and "product name / description"

Stage 4 (Only from Paypal):
- It shows there's has been problems with the paypal process.

Missing:
- Final fees, I will start using these ones today.
- Final user info. (email address? phone number? If he is coroperate, maybe we want to know if he works for nokia, o for novell, or ...
- I have to add all fees "exceptions" like:

     - Advisory board companies get 5 free registrations and pay 100€ for
each extra participant they bring.

       - Community partners bringing 5 people or more get 1 free registration
and pay 20€ for each extra participant they bring in a single group
reservation.

- I'm using my own paypal sandbox account, we need the "right" paypal account (Maybe foundation's account?)
- We need the final bank info.
- I have not decided what happens if paypal process fails, the user is already in the DB, but marked as "not paid".

Well that's only the beginning :)