Re: [guadec-list] taxi and arrival was Re: Are there sheets and towels in the GNOME Village

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 17:17 +0200, Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 20.06.2006, 13:32 +0100 schrieb Daniel Glassey:
> > btw that page also says 'If 4 people can share a taxi from BCN airport
> > then it's cheaper than taking the trains.' So Sara, if you can get an
> > extra person to join you in the taxi it should be cheaper. Does anyone
> > have numbers(prices) to confirm that so that we don't get ripped off
> > by taxi drivers?
>
> I read in the "Lonely Planet Spain", that a train from Barcelona to
> Vilanova d. G. costs 2.20EUR. Can somebody confirm prices?

Barcelona is divided in areas.  Depending of areas your are moving on
you should pay.  The costs of each area are published at:
http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/barcelona/billete_sencillo.html

But you will need to take 2 trains to get Vilanova from Airport.

Because Vilanova and Airport are located in Area 4, the cost should be
€ 2.40 each (I don't know if there is a chance to change from one train
to another one without extra cost).

Also, you can take a look at trains maps at:
http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/barcelona/mapa_zonas.html

This information is available at http://guadec.org/node/458

The map is only for trains.  If you want a subway map for Barcelona,
you should see http://www.tmb.net/img/genplano.pdf

Regards,

--
Germán Poó-Caamaño