Re: [guadec-list] Brochure design settled - need content work

NB. this is being written on an aircraft, all information could be
superseded, I have no idea.

Attached is some language reworking that I've done on the plane, some of
it still needs fixing up and tweaking and none of it has been checked
for spelling.

Comments follow...

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 10:21 +0100, Ludovic Danigo wrote:

> I think that design wise that the Brochure is more or
> less ready, althought need to be worked a bit but
> that's not very hard. The form is not form, it a
> visual construction (shapes and text) and doesn't take
> advantage of form. I think the trick would do it for
> this year. For next year, if I find time later or
> someome, it would be nice to convert it to true PDF
> form with Javascript allowing online registration.

It's looking pretty good.

> Still we need to agree and finish on the content.
> Specifically the number and level of sponsorship
> package we want to propose in it. I am wondering if we
> should keep page 4 as we might not have reliable data.
> But we will hopefully be abble to add it back for next
> year if we take care of surveying a bit people at
> registration time (optionaly of course).

I was just thinking that perhaps there are too many sponsorship packages
being offered here. With cornerstone, diamond, platinum, gold, silver,
bronze, a bags sponsor and an "At-A-Glance" sponsor (which I think we
really need to rename) this may be too many, with not enough distinction
between each of the levels. I defer here to anyone with actual
experience in gaining corporate sponsorship.

Incidently, the right hand sidebar on page 5 seems disconnected from the
rest of the information. How does this relate to the rest of the
information on this page?

Page 4 is probably worth keeping in some form, as otherwise we are not
actually giving corporates who don't know us (or whose managers don't
know us) a reason to give us any money.

This means that we actually have to provide some really compelling
reasons. If we don't have a good list of compelling reasons already that
we can't write one or two paragraphs on a piece then we need to
brainstorm on some.

While compiling this list, we should realise (to paraphrase Jeff Waugh)
that freedom of source is a bonus feature and should not be used as a
compelling reason for why people should support GUADEC and GNOME.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA
About Vilanova
==============

Vilanova is a city in Spain, 40km south of Barcelona. Vilanova has a population
of around 50,000 inhabitants and still retains many features of a traditional
coastal village with its fishing harbour, agriculture and century-old University
of Engineering.

Vilanova is easy to reach and is only 20km from Barcelona International Airport
or 50km from Reus Airport. Accommodation is no problem with hotels, hostels,
and camping grounds all available. Vistors can also stay in the nearby villages
of Sitges and Calafell only one train stop away.

About CampuMed
==============

The Campus de la Mediterrania is a joint project of the Universitat Politecnica
de Catalunya (UPC), the local council of Vilanova and the Mediterranean European
Institute. At the heart of this lovely campus lies the Universitat
Politechnica's Engineering School.

Last year the CampuMed played host to UPC's Free Software Conference, the
biggest biggest free software event in Catalonia <http://jornadespl.upc.es> as
well as several other events.

As well as the facilities offered by the CampuMed will be supported by the
impressive Museu Victor Balaguer (XXX: does Museu mean museum?) and the Museu
del Ferrocarril.

Sponsorship Packages
====================

Cornerstone Sponser
-------------------
The cornerstone sponser is granted exclusive top billing on the sponsors list,
premium advertising and exibit placement at the event. Recognition as the
cornerstone sponser of GUADEC will solidfy the position of your company as an
industry leader and strong supporter of GNOME.

Being the cornerstone sponsor grants your company:
 - sponsorship of an event social occasion;
 - one (1) speaking slot;
 - top billing on all conference material;
 - two (2) inserts into the conference "show bag";
 - access to the press room; and
 - ten (10) complimentry professional registrations to the event

Diamond Sponsor
---------------
The diamond sponser is granted billing on the sponsor list, advertising and
exibit placement at the event. Diamond sponsors will be well recognised as
supporters of GNOME.

Being a diamond sponsor grants your company:
 - sponsorship of an event social occasion;
 - one (1) speaking slot;
 - high billing on all conference material;
 - one (1) insert into the conference "show bag";
 - access to the press room; and
 - seven (7) complimentry professional registrations to the event

Platinum Sponsor
The platinum sponsor grants you excellent exposure to all attendees during the
event and demonstrates your company's commitment to GNOME, its community and
free software.

Being a platinum sponsor grants your company:
 - one (1) position in a panel presentation;
 - high billing on all conference material;
 - one (1) insert into the conference "show bag";
 - access to the press room; and
 - five (5) company registrations