Re: [guadec-list] Sponsor Brochure Draft

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 22:57 +0100, Ludovic Danigo wrote:

> I hadn't much time to work on the content of the
> Brochure, but I did manage to rework the layout a bit.
> Comment on it are welcome (content is basically the
> same).

I have taken a copy of the PDF and I will try and work some more on this
on the plane. Here are some small style points I've noticed:

- "What is the GUADEC" should become "What is GUADEC?". In English you
wouldn't use the definite article for this, it is also a question, so
requires a question mark.
- "And GNOME what is it?" is a sentence fragment, it reads very
strangely. I would choose something like "About GNOME" or "What is
GNOME?"
- If we're going to use the bullet point format, it would be nice to
have stylised bullet points, with proper indentation on the wrapped
lines. I would say this is crucial for looking professional.
- We should also use 300dpi (print quality) images. Jeff has SVG
versions of the GNOME logo you can use to produce one of these. If we
don't use 300dpi images, they will come out grainy and splotchy when
these are offset printed.
- It might also be worth putting the photography through a few filters
to clean up any noise, etc. One of our many photography geeks will have
a better idea of what to do here.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA