Re: [guadec-list] local time!

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 19:45 +0100, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> I think that is good up to a point but I think that i18n/l10n is a
> core part of gnome and at least part of it should be part of the main
> conference when most people will be there.

After doing the first kick, I let Dave & the content selection guys to
decide on this.

But it was really only a first kick and your session (and perhaps the
one about "GNOME Local Groups & GNOME") were just a suggestions embeded
to the kick, not anything discussed previously between us.

> Also I'd expect many non-local people (like me) to travel over on the
> Sat. So I don't know how much will be possible to do that day.

Saturday will be a soft day anyway because the ones arriving on Friday
will party until really late. Sant Joan's Eve is a party as big as New
Year's Eve in Catalonia.

Saint John's day (Saturday) is bank holiday in Catalonia and there is
some tradition of families meeting... I expect almost no activity in the
morning (apart for recommending attendees to have a walk in Vilanova and
go and see the local celebrations). We will have activity in the
afternoon though, and also probably in the evening.

The percentage of people attending the weekend seems to be high and, in
fact the % of people planning to attend the whole week seeks to be high
as well.

The Local time! sessions would be held on Sunday, then.