Re: [guadec-list] Building the local team

Hi Julio,

En/na Julio M. Merino Vidal ha escrit:
> I would like to add myself to the list, but first... I don't know if I
> should list
> myself in the "Local team" or the "Community" sections...  Which is the
> correct place?

Community is the right place to start, then if your involvement is
regular and you assume specific responsibilities you would become part
of the local team, which is a more executive body.

But hey, this is the theory. Now we are building these areas and this is
why positions in te local team are almost for sale.  ;)  Once we know
more or less who we are and who takes key responsibilities, then the
local team will be more clearly defined.

> And then, I'm not sure what tasks need to be done.  I certainly would like to
> get involved, but I don't know what I might be asked to do in the future and if
> I'd help in that area...

Yes, this is currently a fish eating its tail. I expect to prepare this
week a clearer definiton of tasks and roles to be covered, taking the
documents generated in past GUADECs and knowing what's going on in the
next edition.

In the meantime, people like you interested in collaborate can define
the areas in which you wish and are able to collaborate. Nobody is going
to do any unwanted work (with few exceptions)  ;) so you start filtering
what kind of tasks you may offer.

--
Quim Gil      http://interactors.coop | http://desdeamericaconamor.org