Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC coordination (& update)

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
It's understandable that Dave asks for a site to be created ASAP in
order to start kicking the GUADEC7. It's also understandable that Jeff
is asking for a broader & mid term strategy before installing anything.
And it's perfectly understandable your suggestion of deciding first who
and what in order to decide then how are we going to make it.

The problem is how to satisfy all these not-so-compatible needs.  :)

I suggest:
1) Use the flat HTML site currently at 2006.guadec.org to announce location and dates, make call for papers declare themes, have a minimum of information on countries needing visas to get into Spain, etc. 2) Once Drupal is up & running, transfer to that. It might take a week, it might take a month (I really don't know) - and I would like to have a site in the interim.

Assuming we are going to use Drupal, personally I would start with a
fresh installation and a work-in-progress methodology, as if we would
install a wiki before having a very clear idea of how are we going to
structure it. This would satisfy Dave's needs of urgency and would not
harm Jeff and Fernando's needs of having more planning. Whatever the
requirements are, they will include the urgent information people like
Jeff would like to see online now. As for today I can't imagine any
strategy that would not start with a fresh installation, so we could
install Drupal, start working with it, keeping the discussion about the
web requirements for GUADEC7 and beyond.

That works too :) I don't mind WIP sites.

In the meantime, anyone interested in joing the GUADEC web team please
rise your e-hand. Fernando, you were already in the list and you are not
going to scape easily.  ;)

I'll provide content around the schedule & call for papers.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary