[guadec-list] GUADEC coordination (& update)

Background: the Information Society office of the Government of
Catalonia (STSI) supports de GUADEC7. One of the ways they announced to
support this event was to hire part time to someone in charge of the
coordination at a local level.

Until recently I didn't see myself in this position of GUADEC
coordinator. I didn't have enough time available and I live far far from
Barcelona (in the south of Spain).

The initial idea was to delegate all my tasks to a profile hired by te
STSI once we got the organisation of the GUADEC7. But half year later
I'm still assuming de facto this coordination, my implication in the
GNOME Foundation has increased, I'm getting to know who is who here, I'm
running for election to the board... And what's more important now I may
have the time needed to coordinate the GUADEC. About the distance
Arcos-Barcelona, I can't pay from my pocket the flights or trains but I
may travel periodically, and stablish the camp base there weeks before
the event.

Because all of this, I offer myself to assume the GUADEC local
coordination (and as much as it's needed from the global coordination as
well). I can do it and, well, I find it very challenging.

If you have objections, suggestions, comments, questions...

Apart from this, next week there will be news about the GUADEC and I
expect to start with the serious phase of development.

Also, there has been some (litle) discussion about basing the GUADEC
website in Drupal CMS:

Drupal for 2006.guadec.org
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-web-list/2005-November/msg00008.html

Sprry for not sending here informatio about this. From now on we could
use this list (again) to hld the tasks relatingto the organistion of the
GUADEC, except those confidential aspects that will be discussed in
guadec-planning.

--
Quim Gil      http://interactors.coop | http://desdeamericaconamor.org