Re: MCing lightning talks

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 14:11 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

> The time for a hackfest is also completely open to discussion. It's
> likely that only a small percentage (say 20 or 30 people) will want to
> take part in a hackfest, so perhaps Sunday afternoon, Monday morning
> would be the least disruptive time-slot (we want all the hackers
> brainstorming Monday afternoon, I suppose).

Sunday afternoon is too early.  Everyone will be seeing each other for
the first time, and will want to catch up.

Monday morning sucks too, because no one wakes up.

Personally I'd like to do it Monday afternoon.  We can attract the
people who don't want to go off on some grand 3.0 brainstorming session,
and just want to fix what we have.    It can also follow the WiMP study
results presentation from Anna and Pete, which is a fascinating
presentation which leads you to want to make some UI changes to the
desktop immediately.

I'll just need a room with tables and chairs and a good wifi signal.  A
few terminals with GNOME setup for development might be helpful, but
it's not required.  A whiteboard would be great, but we can survive with
flip charts, markers, and masking tape.

And if someone local can recommend a way to get it catered, that'd be
helpful, or I can do the research myeslf.

Nat