[guadec-list] Re: Barcelona report

Hi there,

Sorry for missing this thread until now that I've discovered in the
guadec-list (just subscribed).

I've just read Tim's reports and I'm still waiting for the reports from
Barcelona.

My recommendations are the same as before this meeting:

- GUADEC should define its requirements as much as possible: days,
rooms, registration fees, sponsorship......

- When negotiating with the IGC, the Barcelona Team is part of the
GUADEC organization, and therefore we defend the GUADEC
interests/requirements. And we have the support from the Generalitat
(Catalan Government), who is one of the main supporters of the IGC
itself (the other one is the Barcelona Council, who also supports the
GUADEC).

- Leave any negotiaton to us. But for us to negotiate we need clear
criteria and requirements. The IGC works with a schedule ahead, this
means they close planning phases very soon - compared to the GUADEC.
Essential infrastructure elements such as days, rooms and key
conferences should be defined as soon as possible because in IGC's
schedule they will be decided on september-october.

Of course I may be missing details because I couldn't attend the
meetings in Barcelona, but I think this is the strategy to follow.

And specially to Glynn and the ones that might also feel "being
restricted from our original plans/thoughts": please put together
GUADEC's plans/thoughts in a unique and consistant way. We will make
sure GUADEC7 accomplishes your expectations.

Quim
--
   \|/  interactors              | http://interactors.coop
  \|/    |_ activant xarxes      | http://desdeamericaconamor.org