Re: [guadec-list] Drupal test

Ok, now we can get into technical details with this discussion.

En/na Fernando San Martín Woerner ha escrit:
> I've attached an idea of what i'm proposing, i was done with drupal
> WebForms module.

The problem of using Webforms can be that we end up with two lists of
users (registered to the site, registered to the conference) and their
associated two different profiles.

We could find a way to make the registration to the GUADEC site AND the
registration to the GUADEC conference a single step.

People willing to register to the conference wouldn't need to register
to the site before. They become registered users automatically, allowing
us to manage their data in an integrated way, and letting us contact
them easily using the Mail module.

People willing to register to the site but not (yet) to the conference
could do so. Then, if one day they want to register to the conference
they are already identified and they just need to click on the desired
type of registration.

Simple. Handy.

> Please submit your information
> Name:*
> Your Full Name
> Address:*
> Your Address
> Affiliation:*
> Your Affiliation
> Past GUADEC:
> 2000
> 2001
> 2002
> 2003
> 2004
> 2005
> Check other GUADEC where you have attended

I suggest to handle all this data in the user profile, that can be
customised at will at
http://guadectest.ourproject.org/index.php?q=admin/settings/profile

> Registration fee:*
> Professional $100
> Student $10
> Press
> Speaker
> Choose your type of attendant

And this data is handled by the eCommerce module, I guess.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org