Re: [guadec-list] Re: Barcelona report

On 8/1/05, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <uraeus linuxrising org> wrote:
> Or is the worry the
> opposite that if there are to many tracks people will always find one
> interesting to go to which cause people to schmooze less.

It's this. I, for example, found that almost always there is something
I wish to attend, contrary to Kristiansand, when there was a few
timeslots with non-interesting stuff, which let me meet people.

More social events or free days won't help this I believe, because
people create cliques when all of some gang is available. On the other
side, more time slots with talks totally non-interesting for some
people, lets them meet each other without being burdened by the
members of the same clique.

Just my 2 rials (not that you can easily find the two-rial coin anymore),
Roozbeh