Re: Minimizing Talk Collisions: post your priorities!

Hi,

On Apr 7, 2005, at 5:52 PM, DANIELLLANO wrote:
Dave Neary wrote:
DANIELLLANO a écrit :
What about setting a room about technology another room about big projects and a room about social to prevent collisions between technology talks
for example?
The general themes of the conference are day-based rather than stream-based.
Why?

I'd love to give you a better answer, but there are 2 main reasons - the first is that it's the way it was done before (the last 2 years), and the second is because the focus of the conference really is different on Tuesday - it is a day when we try to attract customers and sponsors, primarily in business and local government.

In fact my main interest is usability and productivity of the desktop
but I don't find the talk or workshop most apropiate to talk about that.
(I'm not an expert either but a really interested user)

There are several sessions that you might be interested in - Anna Dirks and Peter Goodall from Novell are going to talk about their usability work on the Ximian desktop, from the point of view of a windows migration. There will be a GNOME 3 planning session (codename Topaz), which will focus a lot on the user experience in GNOME, and how to make it better. And finally, there are 2 sets of freeform sessions, which will certainly include a session on usability on the desktop, as part of the desktop applications sessions.

Gargantuan Tickling Killer Monkeys (what?)

GTK# and Mono tutorial.

Remotely Useful? (what?)

A GNOME remote desktop application.

Maybe the names of these talks should be changed as I'm probably not the
only one confused about these names.

I agree - the titles were cleared up by the abstracts, and right now the abstracts aren't online. Perhaps we should do that...

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary