guadec

hi,
I was just wondering about the outcome of Guadec held in dublin, Did it
do any good in promoting free software and Gnome to the Irish
government , business and probably most importantly
colleges/Universities, As a student in the Waterford Instuite of
Technology I have found it very frustrating promoting Gnome and free
software as a whole to the College lectures and staff,I have not
heard/read anything from the government that would suggest that its
views are changing.
  Thanks,

Nils