Sevilla local transport information request

Well, what do I see, what do I see when looking at this picture?

http://www.sol.com/apartamentos/bib-rambla/images/mapa.jpg

This map is taken from the website for Apartamentos Bib Rambla, who
happen to offer lodging almost in the same street as the conference
center if I got that right.

The following points occur to me:

- The airport is in vicinity of the quarter. It appears to be even
walking distance, or is it?

- There is a McDonald's smack dab in front of the conference center.
We're all such lucky bastards. (And I wanted to sample all the culinary
specialties that the Seville region has to offer and that were developed
over thousands of years of cooking tradition. What was I thinking?)

- There is also a hypermarket a little further down at the south end of
the quarter. Good to know.

However, what I do not know, is the following:

- How do I get from the airport to both the conference center and
downtown with public transportation?
What do I need to know and ask for if I wanted to get a week pass or
similar for public transportation around Seville? What are the fares?

- How do I get from downtown _to_ the conference center on the days of
the conference?

- Where the [expletive] is this conference center? Am I making the
correct assumptions at all? Do I really have to make all these
assumptions and guess from a poorly-compressed illustrative map from an
apartment website?

Helloooo? I am wading in guesswork here.
sighing,
Daniel