Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC merchandise update

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback!

On 14 June 2010 11:30, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

Gaël Hernandez wrote:
> Adult merchandise
> ---------------------------
> - 100 baseball caps with GNOME logo
> - 150 posters of GUADEC. Does anyone on the design list have a good
> design for a poster already?
> - 100 pair of socks with GNOME logo
> - 20 ties with GNOME foots such as
> http://picasaweb.google.com/elgaelo/GUADEC?authkey=Gv1sRgCILws-DL8Y-zGw#5482378396567426066.
> There is a bunch of possible colors so I would appreciate your feedback
> for a good neutral-appealing color!
> - 96 (mininum order) of beach towels with GNOME foot
> - 100 beach flip-flops with GNOME logo on the stripes.
> - 500 flexible keyrings shaped as a GNOME foot
> - Hand-made sweets with GNOME foot, http://www.papabubble.nl/specials.
> Do you guys like it? I've requested a quotation just in case.

I would suggest choosing 2 or 3 of these items - perhaps posters, socks
and flip-flops? I wouldn't go way overboard. Also, you haven't listed
t-shirts - I assume that there will be some adult tees? I don't think
we'd sell 100 towels, so I'd drop that item. Similarly, I'm not sure
we'd sell 20 ties or 500 keyrings.

T-shirts, both for adults and children will finally be taken over by Reinout. Suggestions, please send over the list cc'ing reinouts gnome org.

Depending on the feedback for the socks, we will make the final selection. Baseball caps can be made locally as well as flexible keyrings and the candies.

> Children/baby merchandise
> ---------------------------
> - 50 children t-shirts (10 units for each size: 4yo, 6yo, 8yo, 10yo and
> 12 yo)

Looks good.

> - 50 children junior flip-flops with GNOME logo on the stripes
> - 20 pairs of kids shoes, such as this
> http://picasaweb.google.com/elgaelo/GUADEC?authkey=Gv1sRgCILws-DL8Y-zGw#5482378282325179522.
> What do you guys think? Colors can change, that was just a test!

Not so sure... children's shoe sizes are tricky & we don't want to have
to keep stock.

Will keep only children flip-flops for the moment.

> - 10 baby bodysuits, such as
> http://picasaweb.google.com/elgaelo/GUADEC?authkey=Gv1sRgCILws-DL8Y-zGw#5482378281831289682.
> For the dads, do you guys think it's better to have white/grey neutral
> color or we go for 5 blue and 5 pink bodysuits?

These look great! White is fine.

Thanks, just a test but it really looks cute on the baby model :)

> - Baby dummies with GNOME foot such as
> http://www.mydummy.co.uk/Shop2.aspx, I've also requested a quotation.

Depending on the price... I'd buy a couple, but they'll probably be too
expensive for me :)

Also waiting on the quotation.

> For the cuddle-toys, any custom made toy had a production time of 12
> weeks aprox, so we are late :(

Sounds fine too.

Cheers,
Dave.

Thanks Dave!
Gael

--
Dave Neary
GNOME Foundation member

--
Blog in http://elgaelo.blogspot.com
Pictures in http://www.flickr.com/photos/elgaelo

Por favor, evite enviarme adjuntos de Word, Excel o PowerPoint.
Vea http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html