Re: Regarding Contribution to gtranslator

El 13/11/12 12:55, chandan kumar escribió:
Hello,

I want to contribute to gtranslator.
Now, i know c language.
i was delayed due to my semester examination and other university stuffs.
Now, i want to contribute to gtranslator.
Since i am a newbie,just picking a bug from Gnome Bugzilla does not help
me to solve the gtranslator bug.
It requires the study of code.
For this, i have to ask some few questions.
1> How can i first compile the code of gtranslator on fedora System?
2>on compiling if i get error how can i reached to that directory from
where error has occurred?

So that i can start contribution.

--
Chandan Kumar
final year,computer science engineering.

I can help you compile it.
Follow the instructions on [1] to download it from git. You'll get the latest version on a folder called "gtranslator". After that, make sure you have all the needed development dependencies. I can't recall them all now, but I think some are

libxml
gtksourceview
gdl
gsettings-desktop-schemas
libpeas

The "configure" script will tell you which dependencies you're missing. Use Fedora's package manager to install them. Remember you'll need the development versions - this is the ones with the names ending with -devel.

I assume you also have the essential build tools installed (gcc, automake, etc).

[1] http://projects.gnome.org/gtranslator/development.html

--
Nicolás Satragno <nsatragno gnome org>
GNOME Spanish translator