Gtranslator crash in Ubuntu Lucid

Hi all,

The latest version of Ubuntu, 10.04 LTS, released last week, ships the
1.9.6 Gtranslator package. As mentioned on this thread [1], that
version contains a critical and very easily reproduceable bug whereby
on saving a PO file the program crashes.

It seems that a new package with a fix missed the upload window for
Lucid, so the current situation is that the current Gtranslator
package is unusable right now. If there is a newer package available,
I'll see if it's possible to request an SRU [2]. In the meantime,
though, I think it might be worth creating a PPA with new packages, so
to provide users with a new package they could use. I remember there
used to be PPAs, but at some point they were no longer available (or
at least I can no longer find them).

It might be worth taking ownership of the generic project in Launchpad
and publish them there [3].

Regards,
David.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2010-April/003599.html