What about integration with damned lies?

(I know there's a lot to do in Gtranslator. Forgive me for yet another
feature request.)

I believe integration with l10n.gnome.org would be even more useful than
with SVN! I don't know about other teams, but in Brazil most GNOME
translators don't have an SVN account.

Maybe Gtranslator should:
- Reuse DL metadata to manage collections of po files;
- Reuse DL metadata to fetch selected source code when the user wants to
peek at it without checking out the whole tree*;
- Use the provided POT files to update translations;
- Fetch PO files from DL (no need for a browser).

What do you think?

* Obviously, looking at the source code means the message is badly
designed or badly commented, so the Right Thing would be reporting the
bug!

Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org/2008/01/05/syntax-highlighting-and-spell-checker-for-gettext-in-vim/en/