[Gtranslator-devel] gtranslator & modal dialog

Hi,

using gtranslator 1.0.2 I was facing an issue recently and thought that it's a bug with my windowmanager xfwm4, but the xfwm4 side has enlightened me that it's a gtranslator issue.

Any chance to change this behaviour, cause it's really annoying that the popup window is opened behind the root window ? These are all necessary items from my original bug report:

Description: Using current CVS head, when I open gtranslator (version 1.0.2) with an existing po-file, it opens a dialog window where I can edit the header of the po file. This dialog window is opened behind the root window and not in the foreground as it should.

Solution from one of the core xfwm4 developers:

The problem comes from gtranslator that maps a modal dialog before the window for what it's modal. xfwm4 checks for such a case and ignores the modality in that case.

Another problem is that, since the dialog is mapped before the main window, the transient field is updated afterwards. That was not supported in xfwm4 because that could cause some trouble if a window specifies another window that has already a transient relationship, like e.g.:

A transient for B transient for C transient for A

Thanks,

Andre