From: epiotr use pl <epiotr use pl>
To: Ross Golder <ross golder org>, Fatih Demir <kabalak gtranslator org>
Subject: Impressions on gtranslator-1.0
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:03:06 +0200

Hi folks,

At first - many thanks for adding gettext plural support. It was what
prevented me from using gtranslator until now :o)

Unfortunately there some GUI inconveniences for plurals usage:
     1. Current gtranslator handling of plurals depends on global option
        in 'Preferences'. IMHO plurals handling should be rather
        associated with the translation project. If so - it will allow

Making settings project oriented is IMHO always a good idea. Most preferrably with saveable, perhaps exportable project profiles, to easily get *all* the settings right for particular kinds of projects and language combinations.

That way, e. g. Gnome translators within one language team could easily share "good to go" settings, and smooth the way for translating newbies.

As I said, just a general observation :).

BR,
Gudmund