Re: [Gtranslator-devel] After 1.0 - feedback and or wishes for next steps?

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 21:06, Spundun Bhatt wrote:
> Fatih Demir wrote:
>
> >So, after 1.0 with tarball, Debian and soon surely also RPM (Dag :-))
> >it's time to ask, what you would wish after trying the 1.0 release now.
> >There are some bug reports open which could be targeted for the next
> >release but maybe someone will express an idea here on the list, too :-)
> >You never know...
>
> May be a little too whacky, but how about separating the gtranslator
> interface into a bonobo component and a skelton main window? so that the
> component can be used from within scaffold (just like you can edit
> string tables from within visual studio)?

Well, there were sometimes ideas on this Bonobo etc. separation but then
somehow we let this be as the code of the GUI is very, very messy and it
will be quite difficult to get the components segregated. But if you can
view the code and have a overlook of it, maybe you can better judge then
me (/me has got no Bonobo knowledge or handling done yet).

BTW, what is scaffold?!?

> Is there already a way to use old translations to be reapplied to new
> string tables? so that only new and modified strings are needed to be
> translated?

You mean auto translation?! Of course, this is one of the major
components in gtranslator editing -> learn buffers, learning, auto
completing etc... and is available from the GUI, too.

Or did you mean something completely another?!?!?

> Disclaimer: I havent used gtranslator yet, I was waiting for 1.0 due to
> a couple of crashers on gentoo and a very old version. I will try to try
> it soon :).
> Hope this is not unwanted noise.
> Spundun

Hehe, try it and tell me more :-)