Re: [Gtranslator-devel] e-tree vs e-table and status grouping

On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 23:03, Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
	Hello everyone.

Hi.

	I spent my afternoon porting gtranslator to e-table
	instead of e-tree considering that e-tree will not support grouping for
	the near future. I've attached screenshots with the grouping enabled.

Hm, ok. Could you put up a diff of this somewhere or send it to me/list? Let me patch the current sources and let me try it.

	The one big problem is that it groups alphabetically ie. Fuzzy first,
	Translated second, and Untranslated third (of course different for other
	langs). One way around that is to put a number before the status as in
	"1 Untranslated".

Uhm, shouldn't be this way: I haven't researched enough but there's surely a way to handle this better via ETableSortInfo etc.
Maybe via replacing the ordering function for the grouping (surely a *cmp variant) with a custom one which assorts the status strings in the right order and leaves everything other as it is?!

Besides this I found it quite good to have the count of fuzzy, missing
strings in the table/tree -- via auto-grouping this is quite hopeless
and non-given.

	This does remove a lot of hacks to do the present grouping a simplifies
	a lot of code. Let me know if you think this is better than the old way
	using e-tree and hackery.

Yes, it will make the code much easier and will base upon GAL's logic
(eh, if this is something good to do is another point ,-)).
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak gtranslator org ])>
<([ ICQ: 64241161 / IRC: #gtranslator irc gnome org ])>