Re: [Fwd: Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Release out.

On Mon, 2001-09-10 at 21:07, Fatih Demir wrote:

> Erhm, I wanted Mike to make the RPMs with GAL 0.11.x -- maybe GAL >=
> 0.11.x depends on libgnomeprint?! I dunno as a Debian user ,-)
>
> Maybe Mike will enlighten us ,-)

Sure can, this will show where the dependency is pulled in:

[mike gtnorthern mike]$ strings /usr/lib/libgal.so.12.0.0 | grep
gnome_print
gnome_print_gsave
gnome_print_moveto
gnome_print_lineto
gnome_print_clip
gnome_print_setfont
gnome_print_show
gnome_print_grestore
gnome_print_concat
gnome_print_rgbaimage
gnome_print_stroke
gnome_print_translate
gnome_print_fill
gnome_print_setrgbcolor

>     Thanks, but why do you depend on packages from a beta OS? Does it have
>     any advantage?

Well, gal is definately a moving target, but its a trade off between a
library in heavy development or the broken list widgets of gtk+1. I
think the message list makes gtranslator a whole lot more usable
personally.

As for the bleeding edge gal version, that's why we've provided
gal-bermudashorts for download. No distro seems packaging a recent gal
just now. As for gal's own dependencies, they are mysterious and varied
- but a recent GNOME 1.4 installation is usually enough :-)

Mike