Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Release schedule

On Fri, 2001-08-31 at 16:35, Mike Newman wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-08-31 at 08:39, Andras Timar wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh, can that be? Evolution' snapshots should depend on it for a long time and I don't think that Ximian's Red Carpet won't support Evolution .-)
> > >
> > If you wanted to depend on CVS snapshot RPM's, you could have done that
> > already. I thought you were waiting for Evolution beta 3 release which
> > would come with a "stable" gal-0.11.
>
> I'm pretty certain that Fatih intends the stable gtranslator release to
> depend on a stable gal-0.11.

Yes; especially Debian didn't have got recent GAL packages up for a long
time; they have got now some.

> The snapshot RPMs which are available at Ximian, and the ones I've made
> available at http://www.gtnorthern.demon.co.uk/packages/ are useful for
> people wanting to use the CVS snapshot RPMs of gtranslator.

These people should increase in count; the changes I'm doing currently
are more of internal nature, don't change that many UI visible strings,
and affect more the C logical point of gtranslator.

I'll upload every 3, 4 days  a CVS snapshot tarball to
http://www.gtransaltor.org/download/cvs/, so that you can try CVS
versions without any autogen.sh stuff .-) Mike is/will be kind enough to
make CVS snapshot RPMs from these tarballs, too .-)

> The Ximian release could take awhile, especially now Ximian seem to be
> saying "pay us for if you want stuff fast, free stuff might take
> awhile".l

Eh, not to forget: I did request'em to make gtranslator packages/add
gtranslator to the Ximian Desktop, but answers are rare.

--
kabalak / kabalak kabalak net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080