Re: Please help

There are lots of working example programs at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/tree/gtkmm-3-24/examples

See e.g. https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/tree/gtkmm-3-24/examples/book/menus/main_menu and https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtkmm-documentation/-/tree/gtkmm-3-24/examples/book/menus_and_toolbars

The examples in the master branch (as opposed to the gtkmm-3-24 branch) are for gtkmm4, which is still very unstable, and not always fully working.

On 2020-07-22 10:27, Carlo Wood wrote:
Hi list,

for more than a week I've been trying to find a good example, but
failed.

Can someone please point me to a "hello world" example that uses
the latest gtkmm3 standards and that has a simple menu bar with
the following content:

.-------------------------------
| File | Mode
.-------------------------------

Where 'File' has the entries:

 Open, Save, Quit

and 'Mode' has the entries:

 'Edit position'
 'Edit game'
 --separator--
 'Show candidates'

I could explain where I all searched and what I all found and
why that doesn't explain how to do this etc, but well. All I
want is just a working example :(.

Thanks,
Carlo