Re: Removing text from ComboBoxText

...and if you aren't confident enough to debug, the way to get help is to provide a minimal test case that reproduces the problem, so that others can try to do that for you. Anyway, it looks like gtkmm is behaving just fine here, so I suspect something is going on between your callback and the rest of the code, e.g. if the captured widget pointer becomes invalidated or etc. (It's not at all clear why it gets the string locally and never uses it, but that shouldn't be a problem.) There's no point trying to guess when we can't see the rest of the code.