Updating Gui TextView from another THREAD

Hey list !

So i have a window class (window.h and window.cpp) for the gui and another module (.h and .cpp not a class) which is running a thread to get constant messages from a server.
I'm trying to update a textview in the gui whenever a message is received. Any solutions ?
I tried understanding glib::Dispatcher but the examples provided are a bit complicated and work between classes.
Can someone please provide a simple example that suits my case or provide another solution.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks