Scrollbars do not appear in scrolled window

I want to paint the entire window with specific color, so that I get a
background. I know how to do this but the problem is that I cannot get
scrollbars to show when user resizes the window.

I think I have done everything: I've created the drawing area, put it
into the scrolled window, set the latter to expand in both directions
(it's not necessary for the former one because it doesn't make a
difference in this case), set size of the former one to the size of
the window and at last put scrolled window into window. But I couldn't
get scrollbars to appear.

I've written a small example that illustrates this problem: Modify
that example so scrollbars do appear and you've solved my problem!
I've sent the code as attachment, but since I had a problem where
attachments would not arrive at their destination, the code is also
available here: https://pastebin.com/ekPuJzmC.