Any gtkmm translation of GTK+ 3 "Reference Manual" chapter "Building Applications"?

Hi Gtkmm Mailing List,

I am new to gtkmm.  My goal is to build and understand a really basic
text editor and expand on that later.  I am unable to locate either a
tutorial or a program with source code that uses gtkmm to implement a
really basic text editor and only a really basic text editor.  I am
aware of libgtkmm-3.0-doc/examples/gtk-demo but it would need major
re-engineering to become a simple text editor and nothing else.

I have found an excellent-looking resource in the GTK+ 3 "Reference Manual"
in the chapter "Building Applications", at

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/ch01s04.html

I have set myself up to translate the above GTK+ 3 tutorial into
gtkmm.

Has someone done the proposed translation already?  To find out, I
search for the literal occurrence of a term in the source doc:

- "If the application uses GSettings, it will install its schema"

I get this fascinating result:

: Building applications: GTK+ 4 Reference Manual
: Building applications. An application consists of a number of files: The binary. ... If the application
uses GSettings, it will install its schema in /usr/share/glib-2./schemas, so that tools like dconf-editor can
find it. Other ...
: developer.gnome.org/gtk4/stable/ch01s04.html
: Building Vala applications - aztlan.fciencias.unam.mx
: Building Vala applications. ... If the application uses GSettings, it will install its schema in
/usr/share/glib-2./schemas, so that tools like dconf-editor can find it. Other resources. Other files, such
as GtkBuilder ui files, ...
: aztlan.fciencias.unam.mx/~canek/building-vala-applications/

The aztlan Vala link above is exactly what it seems: a thorough and
literal translation of the C language tutorial into Vala language.

Now, is it true that no one has done this for gtkmm yet?

Due diligence: in addition to the search above, I read the FAQ,
searched this list archive, and I looked at the gtkmm wiki and did not
find anything like the C language tutorial for gtkmm.

It seems like it behooves us to get this together, so that we can
stand up with Vala as first class GTK+ 3 citizens, and just as someone
did with gtk-demo in the past.

Group, please advise.  If it has not been done, I will undertake it
and publish the result.

many thanks,
  James P.

--