how do it specify HeaderBar decorations?

in gtkmm I would like to eliminate the minimize and maximize buttons.  I am successfully capturing the signal_delete_event(), but when I try to capture the signal_hide() all my windows minimize instead of just one.  So I would like to eliminate the minimize and maximize buttons.  Here is what I have:

Gtk::Window            *m_Window
m_Window[nTabs].set_type_hint(Gdk::WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_NORMAL);
//  here is where I would like to set the decorations
m_Window[nTabs].HeaderBar.set_decoration_layout( "icon:close" );

John