Re: get/set wrap methods.

Your concern is justified. The Glib::ustring must be returned by value. The _MEMBER_GET should be

  _MEMBER_GET(name, name, Glib::ustring, const gchar*)

Your _MEMBER_SET macro doesn't seem to fit the generated code that you show. I would think that
  _MEMBER_SET(name, name, const Glib::ustring&, gchar*)
would generate that code. In this case a reference is OK, but it looks like the generated code can cause a memory leak. Who owns the duplicated string? Who deallocates it? What if gobj()->name contains a pointer to a string when set_name() is called?

Kjell