Re: GStreamermm and GitHub

On Sat, 2017-09-30 at 15:08 +0100, Marcin Kolny wrote:
Hi Russel,
GitHub repository is just a mirror repository of the one on gnome.org.
Patches should be submitted through bugzilla (
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gstreamermm), however, I
don't mind merging github pull requests.

I have to admit putting patches onto issues or mailing lists seems like a very
1980s way of working to me. I appreciate GNOME, GStreamer, and others still
work this way, but I think it would be good if they accepted pull requests on
GitLab or GitHub if not possible via git.gnome.org. So if I do some changes I
will take you up on managing pull requests on GitHub.

I am currently investigating creating GStreamer MPEG-TS bindings for D and
Rust – both seem to be very straightforward because of Gir-to-D and Gir-to-
Rust tools. Creating a C++ version for GStreamerMM is actually a better short
term strategy though, so I wonder what the technology is for creating
GStreamerMM bindings: is there a Gir-to-C++14?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200