Re: Glib::RefPtr

    CObject::CObject ( const Glib::ustring& filename )
    {
        m_pFrame = (Gtk::Frame*)( new CThumbnail ( filename ) );
    }

    Gtk::Frame* CObject::GetFrame ()
    {
        return ( m_pFrame );
    }

Elsewhere,

    class CThumbnail : public Gtk::Frame
    {
    };

I have neglected to mention the slot argument:

    m_pFlowBox->bind_list_store ( m_refCurrentModel, sigc::mem_fun ( *this, &CBridge::OnContentCreate () ) );
    Gtk::Widget* CBridge::OnContentCreate ( const Glib::RefPtr<CObject >& refObject )
    {
        return ( (Gtk::Widget*)refObject->GetFrame () );
    }

m_pFrame is stored in the CObject constructor, and retrieved for the return value of the callback slot, it is otherwise untouched in the application.

I construct two models and bind the first, and everything goes as expected. When I then bind the second model, all is still well. But when I bind the first model again, I get a bunch of failed assertions and a blank display.

I also constructed a much simpler example using Gtk::Label in place of Gtk::Frame and CThumbnail (which does contain Gtk::manage() calls) and

    m_pLabel = new Gtk::Label (filename);

in the CObject constructor. The results are the same.