Re: Compiling gtkmm

Thank you for you answer, I'm trying to compile it with ./autogen.sh.
I don't really know which I want - I *think* I should contribute to master if I want to introduce new stuff to the library, but I couldn't find anything on that topic on the website.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Compiling gtkmm
Local Time: 10 marca 2017 1:35 PM
UTC Time: 10 marca 2017 12:35
From: dboles src gmail com
To: gtkmm-list gnome org

On 10 March 2017 at 12:32, Krzysztof Piecuch via gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi guys, it's my first time contributing here. My name's Chris and I wanted to implement ustring method which fixes non-unicode ustrings (any particular reason it's not yet implemented?)

Anyway, I have implemented it, but I have trouble with compiling. ./configure says gtkmm needs sigc++-3.0, as written below:

configure: error: Package requirements (sigc++-3.0 >= 2.99.5 glib-2.0 >= 2.50.0 gobject-2.0 >= 2.50.0 gmodule-2.0 >= 2.50.0) were not met:
No package 'sigc++-3.0' found

I looked for sigc++-3.0 and found out that there is no stable release of it (see link below)
Am I correct that we are using non-stable library? If so, which version of a library is best to use?

Yours,
Chris

sigc++ 3 is the current unstable dev version, in branch master. It is not released yet. The same is true for the master branches of glibmm and gtkmm.
How are you compiling glibmm/gtkmm? If you want stable, you should be compiling branches glibmm-2-50 and gtkmm-3-22 respectively - not master. In jhbuild, these are called glibmm-2.0 and gtkmm-3, or similar; the unsuffixed modules represent the master branches.