Re: gtkmm in MSYS2

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:48 PM, D. B. <db0451 gmail com> wrote:

The second item was a really ugly oversized theme that I was not
able to change.  This is the one that made it useless for anything
that I wanted to do.  I did some hunting for a solution but the
only thing I was  able to find was that others had that problem
but there was no solution

That may be an issue, but more likely it's just your opinion on the default GTK+ 3 theme. And again, of course, there are solutions. You could have your application load in some CSS that overrides some properties to shrink padding on the elements you feel are too big, decrease font size, etc. It wouldn't be difficult.

Or, of course, just download another theme that you like more, and use that. You can set it in your per-user GTK ini file, or even distribute your application with calls that force that theme so that users would see the same thing. You are in no way limited to the stock Adwaita theme.