Re: New versioning scheme in gtk+. And in gtkmm?

On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 13:56 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
* glibmm-2.52 instead of glibmm-2.4
* cairomm-1.14 instead of cairomm-1.0

This is now cairomm-1.16 instead.

* pangomm-2.42 instead of pangomm-1.4
* atkmm-2.26 instead of atkmm-1.6
* gtkmm-3.0 instead of gtkmm-2.4

I mean gtkmm-4.0 instead of gtkmm-3.0.

We might choose to wait a bit longer, letting us do another stable
glibmm and gtkmm release, maybe then changing the glibmm-2.52 ABI name
to glibmm-2.54, for instance.

I don't know when the GTK+ developers plan to call their GTK+-4.0 API
stable, but it's obviously not going to be ready for the next GNOME
release in March 2017.

There's no sign of a gtk-3-24 branch yet for GTK+, but we might still
release 3.24.* versions of gtkmm-3.0.

Let's see how things develop over the next few weeks.