Re: builder gio::resource problem

Hi

On 04/10/2017 12:49 AM, aitor_czr wrote:

Hi,

On 04/09/2017 11:42 PM, aitor_czr wrote:

Hi Marty,

On 04/09/2017 12:19 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
Hi again,

On 04/09/2017 11:47 AM, aitor_czr wrote:
Hi Marty,

On 04/09/2017 08:20 AM, Marty Moore <pl8swash gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to update from gtkmm-2.24 to gtkmm-3.18. As a dinosaur of a
previous age, I'm trying to move from manual menus to Gtk::Builder and
Gio::Resources. I've been through section 12 of the tutorial several
times, and have looked at the 3.18 source /demo/Makefile as a
reference. I'm using the example_builder.cc to learn how to load
resources int an app.?

So far, the program compiles, but I'm getting a runtime error:

marty@builder$./x
main 0:
Error loading example_builder.ui: The resource at
'/builder/example_builder.ui' does not exist

I'm obvioysly mis-understanding something about resources, and would
appreciate any help you can provide. I've been stewing over this for
weeks.
Thanks,
Marty
Please, can you attach the link to the example? I can't find it in
the gnome development tutorial:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/index-info.html.en

Maybe, i can help you using CMake... Have a look at this example:

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/simple-netaid-gtk/tree/master

I use a singleton class defining all the global variables, including
the paths to the executables, output files, pixmaps, etc...

Cheers,

  Aitor.
Ok, these are the files:

http://gnuinos.org/Example-Builder/

I'll try to build it this afternoon (12:15 here, in the north of
Spain). More concretely, Basque country :)

Usually (and only for convenience) i include all the headers in an
unique header called <headers.h>, and, after finishing the project i
do a right separation of the headers, when packaging, distinguishing
between static/shared, runtime/libdevel, etc...

Cheers,

  Aitor.
Now it builds succesfully:

http://gnuinos.org/Example-Builder/

I changed:

builder->add_from_resource("./src/example_builder.ui");

by:

builder->add_from_file("./src/example_builder.ui");

HTH,

   Aitor.

I added the
precompilation directives to the headers, so that they will be read only once :)

http://gnuinos.org/Example-Builder/include/

Cheers,

  Aitor.

BTW, I'm working on a dinamic gtkmm popup menu for Openbox. Here you are a video:

http://gnuinos.org/popup-menu.mpg

Cheers,

  Aitor.