Custom Widgets

Hi all,

This is my first post in the list...

I'm a devuan nonofficial developer (and gnuinos), and i'm building some applications in gtkmm. One of them is a graphical interface for simple-netaid, developed by Edward Bartolo. Here you are a demo:

www.gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-gtk3/snetaid

As you can see, there is a first application scanning the available active wifis. This is a multithread proccess against blocking the spinner.

Well..., i'm trying to apply some custom widgets to the project. I had a look at the following example in the Gnome Developer's website:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/sec-custom-widgets.html.en

and tried to simplify the example to the case of a custom widget containing only a button. Here you are the code:

wget https://gnuinos.org/custom-widget.tar.bz2

The question is that if i set to *true* the method:

set_has_window(false);

in the CustomWidget class, then the button is not shown. On the other hand, if i set it to *false*, i get the following bug:

(customwidget:18925): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion 'gtk_widget_get_parent (child) == NULL' failed
**
Gtk:ERROR:/build/gtk+3.0-b165l9/gtk+3.0-3.14.5/./gtk/gtkwidget.c:12230:gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion failed: (!gtk_widget_get_has_window (widget))
Aborted

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

  Aitor.