Re: Fwd: Reprogramming keyboard keys

Hi Glus,

first of all, your Entry widget already responds to key presses (so long as you have called set_editable() ).  When you push on the key with "a" on it, it puts an "a" in the widget.  So you don't need to add that functionality; it already exists.

Second, you can always connect to the signal_changed() when the user inserts text, and do what you like with their input, including changing what is displayed, e.g. if they type "w", modify the text so a "J" is inserted in the textbuffer.  I'm really struggling with a use case that makes sense outside of capitalisation, but then I'm sure there is one, especially if the input is words.

Ian.