Maximum layout groups

Hi guys,

Related closely to my last question posted in this forum about keyboard keys values... I admit you that I have no clue if the maximum number of four (four in my environment) for layout groups is the universally accepted/recognized number for all kind of 'X servers', like an architecture constraint or so defined just for some systems... or trying to extend this limit has any sense... but, in any case I'd like to ask you if there is some way (probably inside Gdk) to get the maximum (number of) available layout groups...

Glus