Re: custom vfunc problem

Sorry, my previous reply was wrong. What will happen with get_paint_volume is this (and I suppose that's what you have found):

If the user of the C++ code does not override get_paint_volume_vfunc(), clutter_actor_real_get_paint_volume() will be called, but klass->get_paint_volume will not be equal to clutter_actor_real_get_paint_volume.

A simple "solution" would be to not wrap get_paint_volume in C++ code. Then the C++ class, gtkmm__ClutterActor, would inherit klass->get_paint_volume from from the C class, ClutterActor. It would be impossible for a user of your C++ class to override get_paint_volume_vfunc(), because there would be no such vfunc. I suppose that's unacceptable or at least a serious drawback.

I don't know how to solve this problem. The long-term solution is to change the C code. Tests like
klass->get_paint_volume == clutter_actor_real_get_paint_volume
are bad. Comments in the C code show that the clutter developers are aware of that.

Kjell