Is there a .defs spec? Where?

The file glibmm/tools/extra_defs_gen/generate_extra_defs.cc contains the comment
    //#t and #f aren't documented, but I guess that it's correct based on the example in the .defs spec.
Where can I find that spec?

It would be fine if gmmproc could report wrapped signals and properties that are deprecated in glib/gtk+ but not in glibmm/gtkmm. To be able to do that, I want to add some information to the *_signals.defs files. If these files meet a spec, I want them to meet that spec also after my changes, if possible.

Kjell