gtkmm, widgets, actions, Glade

Hi,

Something of a "n00b" question I'm afraid:

Is there an idiom for when to work directly with widgets and when to
use an action with a widget and work with that instead. Is the idiom
different when using Glade compared to using coding of the UI?

Background here is I am working on transforming Me TV (*) from being
GTK+2 to GTK+3 and it has a Glade file. I am wondering if the design
and realization idioms used in the 1.3, 1.4, 2.0 variants are the right
ones to follow for the 3.0 version I am creating.

(*) https://github.com/Me-TV/Me-TV, https://launchpad.net/me-tv, hobby
project really, but I am on it full time. Long story.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel winder ekiga net