Re: gtkmm compilation issue via jhbuild

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 12:00 PM, <gtkmm-list-request gnome org> wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 13:36:20 +0100
From: Kjell Ahlstedt <kjell ahlstedt bredband net>
To: Pavlo Solntsev <p_solntsev meta ua>
Cc: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Re: gtkmm compilation issue via jhbuild

jhbuild builds cairomm 1.15.1 fromĀ  a tarball, but gtkmm at present
requires the latest cairomm from the git repository. See
https://www.cairographics.org/cairomm/ for instructions how to get
cairomm from git.

Do you know that gtkmm and gtk+ are now unusually unstable? They will
become gtkmm-4.0 and gtk+-4.0, which will not be ABI-compatible with
gtkmm-3.0 and gtk+-3.0. If you want less unstable programs, you can
build gtkmm-3 with jhbuild.

Kjell

If you don't beat me to it, I'll see whether I know enough jhbuild to resolve this for gtkmm 4 (now a.k.a. gtkmm) in its modulesets.