Re: How to use Gio::DBus::Connection::signal_subscribe?

On Sun, 2015-09-20 at 17:13 +0200, Christof Meerwald wrote:
Hi,

I am confused: the documentation for
Gio::DBus::Connection::signal_subscribe mentions:

If the connection is not a message bus connection, sender must be 0.

But how is that supposed to work? "sender" is "const Glib::ustring&"
and if I try to pass in nullptr (or 0) the string constructor
complains about the null pointer.

Am I missing something?

I've fixed this in git master here:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/glibmm/commit/?id=ece1463f6d796c7c74da1e9d37a4e69904a9706e

Until you can use that very latest version, you can use the C function
by calling connection->gobj() to get the underlying GDBusConnection*.

Unfortunately, it's hard to always get this right in our generated code.